We are currently seeking a senior MVC .Net Developer to join our corporate software development team. The qualified candidate must have working knowledge of software development and software engineering practices in a professional environment.
You will be responsible for designing, planning, and implementing software development, including team lead and technical delivery activities. The key focus will be execution of implementation, deployment, and support, with a consultative approach aimed at promoting modern development practices. You will be working with and supporting a distributed team of technical resources with a range of experience from entry-level developers to highly experienced architects. The scope of work is extensive, and all candidates must have a broad range of Microsoft functional and technical capabilities and specifically, proficiency with the following technologies: Application Development, Azure, Cloud Services, Modern Authentication (OData, SAML, Federated Identity, etc). Primary duties include:
- Research, design and develop applications and supports for new web based offerings using Single Page Application (SPA) and the Responsive design patterns
- Build and manage Application Life cycle Management elements including build/release pipeline, CI/CD, test automation, etc.
- Work with Quality Analysts to ensure changes are thoroughly tested before release. Write unit and integration tests for new code. Assist with the diagnosis of problematic applications and system testing.
- Perform code review of team members and release management using GitHub and Visual Studio Online
- Provide guidance and cultivate internal IP on application architecture design for security, performance, and cloud deployment
- Communicating project status and timelines to business stakeholders and IT management
· Provide pre-sales technical support and product demos/deep dives for customers
· Provide mentorship and internal support to a peer group of consultants and software developers
· Engage the enthusiast community by participating in technical events and blogging
· Contribute to the Assetsoft brand
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of applications development experience in the areas of:
- C# / ASP.NET Core design patterns and core principles
- Web component framework experience with Angular or AngularJS
- Web Service / API application integration experience (REST APIs)
- Experience with MS SQL Server / MySQL
- Experience with cloud services like Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS
- Experience with modern source code control system such as GitHub or VSTS
- Proven ability to work in a structured, quality environment with a heavy emphasis on proper change management
- Strong team player; able to work independently and well with others
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience with infrastructure fundamentals, including networking, security, identity management, etc.
- Formal design skills (e.g. UML)
- Experience in an Agile methodology environment
- Experience in a SDLC environment
- Experience architecting cloud applications and leveraging Microsoft cloud platform services, including any of the following: Web Apps, Logic Apps, Azure Service Bus, Event Hub, Azure Functions, Service Fabric, Cognitive Services, Bot Framework, Traffic Manager, App Insights
· Priority given to candidates with demonstrable projects, solutions, or implemented architecture patterns to share
Continuous learning mindset – We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Expert level of Microsoft enterprise software product offerings
- Strong Communication Skills (including technical writing)
- Excellent demonstrated customer service skills
Candidates must be able to work independently. Characteristics of importance include but are not limited to customer service, problem solving, communication skills, and the ability to read/interpret the needs/wants of customer executives and leaders.